Sunday, September 18, 2011

All About Me

Today we had fun sitting in a circle getting to know each other by introducing a special surprise we had bought with us. (Thanks parents for helping your children remember their backpacks and special thing to share). After reading Something Special together we talked about how special each person was and how unique each one of us is. I brought out a large treasure Chest and told them I had something special to show them inside. I called up each child one by one and showed them inside: a large mirror with a star around it. As the child looked in, he/she saw themselves as a star!


Songs: I'm a V.I.P. in My Family by Janeen Brady...
I'm a V.I.P. in my family,
I'm a V.I.P. you see!
I'm a V.I.P. in my family
And that's a pretty good thing to be!
A Very Important Person,
A Very Important Person,
A Very Important Person
That's ME!

We enjoyed time outside and making star necklaces today.
More Books about Me!:
You Are Very Special by Su Box, Ill. by Susie Poole

No comments:

Post a Comment